Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Light Brown Blue Ring Around Eyes

of how the page of a Diary of others could well be your page.


" Sunday, eleven. gerararchico [...] The order within my life is a bit 'changed.' Once 'I preferred to start on an empty stomach with Dostoevsky or Hegel, and lost time when I was nervous, I happened also to mend a sock, if you really could not do otherwise. Now I start with the sock, in the truest sense of the word, and then, slowly, passing through the other daily tasks, I climb to the summit, where he met poets and thinkers. "



" A time, if I like a flower, I wanted to press on the heart, or even eat it too (...) I felt a desire for physical things that I liked, I wanted to have. It 's why I always felt that painful insatiable desire, the longing for something that seemed unreachable to me, then I called nostalgia' creative urge '. I believe they were such strong emotions made me think of being born to be an artist. "


" Friday morning, the eight . Lord, give less thought and more cold water and exercise in the morning. "


" Wednesday morning, half past seven . (...) This hour before breakfast for me as a platform to stand on my day. There is a great peace of mind, even if the neighbors have the radio on, and although Han - albeit very slowly - is snoring behind me. Is there really no pressure around ".


" Wednesday morning, half past nine. Last night, I went to him while cycling, I was in a great and sweet desire of spring. And while I pedaled on the asphalt of dreaming Larissestraat all looking forward to seeing him, suddenly I felt caressed by warm air of spring and I thought, well that's fine. Why do not you could try a big and tender carriage for spring (...)? Yes, because you could have an affair with a spring? And the caress of that air was so tender and so universal that the hands of a man, even her, I seemed coarse by comparison. "

All quotations are from:
Etty Hillesum Diary 1941 - 1943 , Adelphi

With Poppy Field .

0 comments:

Post a Comment